What is Karaage?¶
Karaage is a cluster account management tool. It can manage users and projects in a cluster and can store the data in various backends.
- Can store user information and/or posix account information in LDAP/Active Directory/passwd file.
- Email notifications.
- Auto account creation - Allow project leaders to manage their users.
- Applications work flow - Users can apply for accounts and be approved by project leaders.
- Usage reporting. Report on a per institute, per project or per user for CPU usage.
- Track usage of software and versions. Keep track of what software (and version) and type of jobs a user is running.
When an administrator logs into karaage, they can do the following:
- See/modify information about all users/projects/institutes/applications/usage etc.
- Many changes are logged.
- Anything a normal user can.
When a normal user logs into Karaage (or an administrator), they can do the following.
Allows users to:
- Modify their own account.
- Change password.
- Manage what projects they are in.
Allow project leaders to:
- Approve/Decline applications to join their project.
- Reset passwords for their members.
- Track their resource utilisation and software utilisation.
Allow institute delegates to:
- Approve/Decline new project applications.
- Manage all projects and users under the institute.